Monday, April 19, 2010

Alabang, Muntinlupa to Tiaong, Quezon

I started my Albay Trip on an early Tuesday morning. We left at exactly 3 am from Alabang, Muntinlupa, only stopping by a local 711 store to buy a bag of ice cubes (P35) for the ice chest we brought to keep us hydrated with cold drinks for the rest of the way.
Expecting a really long drive - I armed my Strada with a full tank of diesel fuel. A few days prior, I even had it checked in at the local Mitsubishi Service Center, just to be sure that everything is in proper order although my pick-up is just over a year old.
I noted my odometer reading at 9,696km. Legazpi City in Albay is about 550 km away.

The drive along SLEX was pretty alright - ten-wheeler trucks were just a few - but what bothered me was a slight drizzle somewhere along Sta. Rosa area which made me slow down a bit. The drizzle continued to get stronger as we reached Batangas Exit, but still manageable. By the time I was in Alaminos/San Pablo (roughly around 420am), it was already raining hard - my wiper is working overtime to keep my windshield view clearer. I felt bad for I thought it was gonna be raining all the way - but then by the time I got to Tiaong, Quezon, the rains had stopped already and the drive went smoothly from there on.

No comments:

Post a Comment